Monday, February 11, 2008

The Dinner

Cilantro and chickpea dip with fresh green beans, tomatoes and bell pepper

Ravioli made with semolina, garbanzo and whole wheat flours. The garbanzo acts as a binder as their are no eggs. The ravioli are filled with a mixture of tofu, portobello mushrooms, eggplant and spices which were blended together.

A ravioli with a sprinkling of rocket and cashew cream.

Who could resist a rich, chocolate and coconut mousse...?
The base is a blend of ground almonds, ground oats, coconut, agave and oil. Then pressed into tart shells and baked until golden. The mousse, a combination of silken tofu, chocolate with cacao nibs, kuzu, agar-agar, agave, and coconut milk.

Dinner is my favorite time of day. I spend the day thinking about what I am going to make and then it comes down to the making it. The kitchen is the heart of the home. I can spend 3 hours making a 3 course dinner, but I don't mind. I love my kitchen and it love's me back!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, Lisa.
You need to write a cookbook.